Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bovine belly-aching

I have been wrestling with this painting for months.  Three cows.  Canvas is 5 feet wide, four feet tall.
What?  You say you only see two cows?  Well, look closely.  You'll see the ghost of #3 there on the lower left hand corner.

They are a family.  Mom, Bossy, is in the middle.  Daisy is the ghost.  Maisie is on the right.

So far I've "killed" Daisy three times.  Paint her.  Hate her.  Obliterate her.
Our garage has been a bloodbath.  Whenever Bossy sees me approaching with my black paint loaded brush she trembles.  Meanwhile Maisie smirks.  Sibling rivalry being what it is, Maisie kind of likes Daisy meeting her demise on a regular basis.

This huge painting is destined for our kitchen wall.  Jim has been enormously patient with my plodding pace.  He buys into my lies that, "Art can't be rushed."  Tee Hee.   My bad.

I'm considering painting a tombstone onto the left side...."R.I.P. Daisy."

BUT, the fact that I've not finished the painting is GOOD BECAUSE when I finally do complete the cows we will enjoy and appreciate them all the more for having waited.  Yup.   That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Now,  all you peeps go have a very good nice fun filled and possibly cow filled day.

Time to manifest a shower.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment