Saturday, March 25, 2017

Ina Garten Rules!

I love the Barefoot Contessa.   If you don't use her recipes, start!  They are all marvelous.

I used to be considered a terrible cook.   My go to dinner party recipe was mom's "party chicken."
Boneless chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, smothered with Campbells cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
It came to a place where one regular guest announced he wasn't coming if I was making "f'n" party chicken again.

Then I found Ina!  Last night we had dinner guests.  I served all Ina recipes.  Oven roasted chicken with lemon and onions.  Green beans gremolata.  Herbed basmati rice.   Yum Yum and double triple yum.  One guest gushed about how much he loves my cooking.  Clearly he never had my party chicken.   :)

barefootcontessa.com

I did go off the reservation and make key lime pie with Joe and Nellies key lime juice.  Easy Peezy and always delicious.  Made real whipped cream to top it and even zested a lime for garnish.  Yes, I'm awesome.  You will be too once you start making her recipes.

I love Ina.  Maybe I'll write her a letter today.  Or better yet, maybe she'll stumble across this blog.
Just as you have!   I know you are out there.  It's just a matter of time before you find me.  :)

Now, on to finish my book club book--Girls of Atomic City.   After you read Ina's recipes, go read that book.




2 comments:

  1. I'm a barefoot contessa fan myself! I've got 3 grown sons -Ryan, Jeff, Dan. Last Christmas I gave Ryan's wife Ina's latest book, "Cooking for Jeffrey." When she opened it, both Ryan andJeff cheered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you made aforementioned chicken with lemon and onions from that book. WOW! Diane and Steve had that here. Steve was the nice guy who praised my cooking. Asked if I could do back flips too. Which has not one thing to do with cooking, but I liked the limelight.

      Delete