Thursday, March 30, 2017





I am an  awful knitter.  When I first began I dropped so many stitches you could fit your head through the holes in my scarves.  So I'd knit patches to cover the holes.  Then I'd sew buttons over the holes in the patches.

My first attempts at scarves were really weird.  12 inches wide in spots, 4 inches in other places.  But that didn't stop me from handing these odd things out to friends.  One was so heavy and thick I think my buddy had to crawl because it dragged her to the ground.

I only knit in the car.  Jim and I take long road trips.  He hates the way I drive.  I hate the way he drives right back.  He follows too closely causing me to have to press the imaginary brake in the passenger seat footwell.

I took up knitting so I am looking down when he's driving.   Eyes on the needles!  We're both happier that way.

I suppose he hates my driving because I'm quite a bad driver.  I never knew it until a whole lot of people informed me.   I'm slow.  Hands nervously at two and ten.  I bought myself a darling Mini Cooper in 2005. I chose the fastest engine, manual transmission, British racing green and SO CUTE.  That fast engine was totally wasted on me. I probably never drove that puppy over 55 mph.   I swore I'd NEVER sell my Mini---her name was Maude.

Then, much to Jim's dismay, I opted to trade her in for a Mini Van.  Baby blue, Honda Odyssey named Stella.   We travel with our beloved dog, Bronson.  More about him in future posts.   I wanted him to have comfort.

The day we mini van shopped Jim brought along Maude's title.  He swore he'd only mini van shop ONCE, so we'd better damn well find the right car that day.

Well, he was wrong.  We mini van shopped twice.  I traded Stella in for a newer, slicker model.  Gracie. She's gray.  Creative, eh?   She has a little refrigerator in the front seat.  And she has a fine brake in the footwell of the passenger side.   :)

We'll take Gracie to Chicago in August.  I'll be knitting.  Anyone want a scarf?  I've gotten better!  Rarely drop stitches, but still add patches and buttons for fun.  All my new friends are Floridians.  I need some cold weather victims.  LMK if your neck needs warming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment